The Spectator Health Summit 2018
BY spectator events
March 26, 2018
1 Wimpole Street, London W1G 0AE
Alastair Stewart, journalist and newscaster
Lord O'Shaughnessy, parliamentary under secretary of state, Department of Health
Professor David Snead, consultant pathologist, Coventry and Warwick NHS Trust
Ian Campbell, director - Health and Life Sciences, Innovate UK
The inaugural Spectator Health Summit, chaired by Alastair Stewart, is a unique opportunity for health and care leaders to examine and explore solutions to some of the toughest challenges facing the NHS and social care.
The Spectator Health Summit will discuss the following questions:
- The future of healthcare in the UK – what more can be done in the UK?
- Could prevention be at the core of moving us away from a sick care society?
- How do we solve the social care puzzle? What are the options for funding social care in the long term? What effects will these have on the NHS? Do new means of funding social care now have to be considered?
- Can the UK aspire to be the best healthcare system in the world?
Keynote speaker: Lord O'Shaughnessy, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department of Health
- Simon Bottery, Senior Fellow, Social Care, The King's Fund
- Ian Campbell, Director - Health and Life Sciences, Innovate UK
- Prof. Caroline Gledinning, Social Policy Research Unit, University of York
- Isabel Hardman, Assistant Editor, The Spectator
- Liz Kendall MP, Former Shadow Minister for Care and Older People
- Dr Nicole Mather, Life Sciences strategy consultant, Deloitte
- Neil Mesher, CEO, Philip UK & Ireland
- Dr David Snead, Consultant Pathologist, Coventry and Warwick NHS Trust
This event is held in association with Philips